Re: [Lse-tech] [patch] sched-domain cleanups, sched-2.6.5-rc2-mm2-A3

From: Martin J. Bligh
Date: Thu Mar 25 2004 - 17:49:41 EST

> For Opteron simply placing all cpus in the same sched domain may solve all of
> this, since we will have balancing frequency of the default scheduler. Is
> there any reason this cannot be done for Opteron?

That seems like a good plan to me - they really don't want that cross-node
balancing. It might be cleaner to implement it by just tweaking the
cross-balance paramters for that system to have the same effect, but it
probably doesn't matter much (I'm thinking of some future case when they
decide to do multi-chip on die or SMT, so just keying off 1 cpu per node
doesn't really fix it).

M.