watchdog on A7M266-D motherboard

From: Petr Konecny
Date: Mon Mar 15 2004 - 09:01:34 EST

Hi,

I am trying to use watchdog to reboot my computer when it freezes. I was
wondering if amd7xx_tco is supposed to work in Asus A7M266-D
motherboard. It seems to load fine and GETTIMEOUT return values
decrement in one second intervals. However when the timer reaches 0
nothing happens, it just rolls over to 37 and keeps going. Even a simple
program that opens /dev/watchdog and sleeps forever, does not reboot the
computer.

I am currently running 2.6.4-mm2, but can test suggested
versions/patches. Any hints ?

Thanks, Petr
--
The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
-- Buckminster Fuller