Yet another dead, and aplenty used DNS BL list...

From: Matti Aarnio
Date: Mon Mar 15 2004 - 07:07:24 EST

$ dig any '*'.relays.monkeys.com

;; ANSWER SECTION:
*.relays.monkeys.com. IN A 127.0.0.2
*.relays.monkeys.com. IN TXT "BLOCKED: http://www.monkeys.com/dnsbl/";

Right... Poisoned.

I don't oppose use of DNS BLs per se, what I do find opposable is
people's lack of tracking of how their DNS BL is living at any given
moment.

The monkeys dataset announced end of service on 23rd of September 2003,
and I do find that their leniency of 4 months has been quite gracious
enough. Read more at that web-page.

The free/public DNS BLs have limited lifespans, when using such, be
very carefull to track their status at least weekly, including end-of-
service announcements in their web-pages.

/Matti Aarnio one of <postmaster at vger.kernel.org>