Re: 2.6.3 userspace freeze

From: Con Kolivas
Date: Fri Mar 12 2004 - 05:11:15 EST

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 07:47 pm, Anders K. Pedersen wrote:
> To night I reproduced this issue with Linux 2.6.4 final - I've attached
> the dmesg and .config for this kernel.

> 23536 root 34 19 1664 720 1368 D N 6.0 0.0 0:00 1
> updatedb

Each log you've shown so far shows you getting updatedb stuck in D which
appears to be the common link. It could be your updatedb is busy scanning
directories it probably shouldn't.
Check your updatedb.conf (usually in /etc) and see that you have at least
these entries in PRUNEFS

PRUNEFS="nfs,smbfs,ncpfs,proc,devpts,supermount,vfat,iso9660,udf,usbdevfs,devfs,usbfs,sysfs"

Con