CardBus 16-bit IO on 32-bit-IO platforms

From: Guennadi Liakhovetski
Date: Fri Mar 12 2004 - 03:20:06 EST

Hello all

I am trying to get CardBus to work on a PXA-based platform (kernel
2.4.21 so far). CardBus cards seem to work (at least one of them - a
USB2.0 card), however, I have problems getting 16-bit PCMCIA cards to
work.

I specified an IO-range from the statically mapped PCI IO-range in
/etc/pcmcia/config.opts, fixed a couple of hard-coded 16-bit assumptions
in yenta-driver and arount it, this IO-range gets successfully allocated,
then it comes to the point of writing these addresses to the CardBus
controller's configuration registers, and they are 16-bit... And then it
doesn't work.

So, my question to all, having experience running CardBus on platforms,
where IO doesn't lie in the first 64K - how is that done?

Thanks
Guennadi