[ANNOUNCE] 2004-03-11 release of hotplug scripts

From: Greg KH
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 19:08:29 EST

I've just packaged up the latest Linux hotplug scripts into a release,
which can be found at:
kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/kernel/hotplug/hotplug-2004_03_11.tar.gz
or for those who like bz2 packages:
kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/kernel/hotplug/hotplug-2004_03_11.tar.bz2

This is a snapshot of the recent development in the scripts, and should
be used by anyone who has reported a bug or sent me a patch against the
last release, to check if your fix is in or not.

If I have missed any changes, please let me know and send the patch to
me and the linux-hotplug-devel mailing list. I'll collect them all and
make a "official" release afterwards.

Sorry for delaying so long since the last hotplug release.

A changelog of all the stuff in this release is below.

thanks,

greg k-h

------------------

Thu Mar 11 2004 kroah
- 2004_03_11 release
- From Dmitry Torokhov <dtor_core@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
add evbug to the blacklist of modules
- From Kay Sievers <kay.sievers@xxxxxxxx>:
We should mention the DEVPATH in the hotplug man page too,
as someone missed it and got confused.
- 5 patches from Marco d'Itri <md@xxxxxxxx>:
- 000_small_fixes: fixed some small bugs.
- 001_no_bashisms: removed bashisms from all scripts.
- 003_no_useless_includes: removed some unused code.
- 004_2.6_pci_synthesis: added sysfs support to pci.rc,
enabling boot time events synthesis on lacking the
pcimodules program.
- 004_2.6_usb_sysfs: improved sysfs support in the USB
scripts. Please review the changes marked with the FIXME
comment: this works on my system and others, but I'm not
sure that it's the proper way.

Fri Feb 13 2004 dbrownell
- scsi.agent waits for /sys$DEVPATH/type to appear before
modprobing higher level drivers. Patch from Patrick
Mansfield <patmans@xxxxxxxxxx>