Re: [OT] Re: (0 == foo), rather than (foo == 0)

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 18:08:30 EST

Måns Rullgård wrote:
Roland Dreier <roland@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

David> No, the problem is your mail reader or configuration is
David> broken. Both Pine and Mutt both wrap lines just fine,
David> and all the GUI interface I've used (in recent years)
David> wrap just fine. a) they aren't recognizing soft line
David> breaks or b) you're not acknowledging lines sent without
David> any wraps.

How do these mail readers wrap quotes like the above?

Don't know about those, but gnus does a good job. BTW, quotes should
use the string "> " at column 0, nothing else.

Feel free to do that. After about 3-4 levels of quote replacing ">>>>" with a name makes it more readable. I'm not suggesting making that a standard, but I certainly won't complain about someone making my life easier, either.
--
-bill