Re: [i386] 2.6.4 + cdrtools-2.01a27 REPORT

From: Damian Kolkowski
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 14:50:34 EST

* Kronos <kronos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2004-03-11 18:53]:
> >> I post this because I think it will maybe help some people that want to
> >> switch to a 2.6 and burn some CD quickly.
> >
> > For me 2.6.x is useles, because freambuffer lack my radeon (rv25if),
>
> Which driver are you using? This card should be supported by the new
> driver (and afaics also from the old one). If the new driver doesn't
> work for you can you send me a "lspci -nvvv" of your board?

Yep it's should but now in new version it's evil code :-)

Two drivers old and new one just won't listen to append i lilo.conf, even
fbset on old radeonfb mess with consle, demolish resolution to some unsuported
value.
New one is better, just use fbset -a -fb /dev/fb0 -depth 32 1024x768-100 and
you have one small screan i upper left corner off your screan ;-)
Bigger resolutions makes it smeller.

I was writing abaut new radeonfb to Ben, he knows about this. The mess with
old version starts since 2.6.4-rc2-cset103 (when I comple it on gentoo and
slackwe).

--
# Damian *dEiMoS* Kołkowski # http://kolkowski.no-ip.org/ #