hanging in wait_for_tcp_memory

From: Gerald Krafft
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 07:35:28 EST

I have some database processes (Interbase V6) that occasionally seem to hang. Using ps or top I found that they are waiting in wait_for_tcp_memory. What exactly does wait_for_tcp_memory do and under which circumstances does this function block?
I'm using Red Hat Linux 7.2, kernel version 2.4.7-10smp on a dual processor machine. Were there any known problems with wait_for_tcp_memory in that kernel version that might have been fixed in later versions?

Thanks
Gerald