nforce 2 chipset

From: Jeremy D. May
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 19:01:07 EST

Not sure if this is the right place to go for this, but maybe someone
could point me in the right direction.

system:

2500+ Athlon XP (barton)
NFource 2 Ultra 400 + MCP chipset (is a Shuttle AN35-Ultra400(latest bios
flash))
1.5 gigs PC2700
40 Gig Maxtor HD
80 Gig Seagate HD
CDRW
DVD
GF FX 5600XT
SB Live 5.1Digital

i installed debian and a fresh compile of 2.4.25, installed the backports
collection for XF86/gnome2 and all my software i like. it goes fine for a
bit. but then while playing any sound (mainly streaming mp3's and my own
mp3's(in xmms)) the machine would lockup and i would have to reboot. i
never had this problem in windows with the box so i was wondering if
anyone had any incite into this.

--jeremy