Re: [ANNOUNCE] udev 021 release

From: Prakash K. Cheemplavam
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 18:23:06 EST

Greg KH wrote:
On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 01:56:37PM +0100, Prakash K. Cheemplavam wrote:
I have a problem with udev and my ZIP drive (using latest mm based kernel):

When I insert a zip the /dev for the partition doesn't get created (ie hdd4, fdisk shows it though).

Do you have udev creating all partitions for your hdd device? That
sounds like the option that you need to use.

Nope, I don't have any special udev treatment for that device. Could you give me a clearer hint (docs?)? :-) I guess something about udev.rules?

Prakash