RE: [Announce] Emulex LightPulse Device Driver

From: Smart, James
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 17:49:38 EST

First, thanks to those that have actually taken a look at the FAQ and source
already. Do not believe your time was in vain - we will use every comment we
receive.

We know there are a lot of issues we need to address. We echo many of the
same sentiments. We had hoped the FAQ would explain where we are and where
we are heading, so that people can judiciously choose when to evaluate the
code base. That said, we will welcome any comments, at any time, at any
detail level. I would hope that, even while the code base is changing, that
we receive comments. There are constructs in the driver that are likely not
going to change, such as the logging facility. How contentious is this ?
What about the IP interfaces? and so on. Anything we receive, especially on
the larger concepts in the driver, only helps us understand what's ahead.

Our plans are to complete most of the work list on the FAQ by early April.
We'll try to make weekly drops on SourceForge, with each snapshot containing
a log of the changes. Once the code base matures, we will ping the lists
again, asking for feedback.

Thanks.

-- James Smart