Re: smbfs patch

From: Stian Jordet
Date: Mon Mar 08 2004 - 16:27:10 EST

tor, 04.03.2004 kl. 23.20 skrev Søren Hansen:
> I noticed that smbfs no longer respects the "uid" and "gid" mount
> options passed to it by mount.(I think it stopped when the server was
> upgraded to Samba 3.0. Not sure though, since my client was upgraded to
> Linux 2.6.3 at around the same time). I've made this small patch that
> fixes it (bear with me, this is my first patch to the kernel :-) ):

I have the same problem as you have. I have not gotten around to test
your patch yet (but will later tonight), but I read in another mail from
you that you had discussed the patch with Urban Widmark. Is the any
opinions against this patch? If not, will you try to submit it to
Andrew/Linus?

Anyway, thanks for the patch :)

Best regards,
Stian