Re: lvm2 performance data with linux-2.6

From: Miquel van Smoorenburg
Date: Mon Mar 08 2004 - 14:49:16 EST

In article <200403081916.i28JGgE25794@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
<markw@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I've started collecting various data (including oprofile) using our
>DBT-2 (OLTP) workload with lvm2 on linux 2.6.2 and 2.6.3 on ia32 and
>ia64 platforms:
> http://developer.osdl.org/markw/lvm2/

For write-heavy loads, you might want to see if 2.6.4-rc2-mm1 makes
any difference. It fixes a case where both pdflush and a writing
process itself would queue writes to an LVM device, resulting in
less than optimal I/O ordering for some cases. The fix will probably
be in 2.6.4 proper as well.

Mike.