Re: Badness in pci_find_subsys at drivers/pci/search.c:167

From: Alistair John Strachan
Date: Sat Mar 06 2004 - 09:45:41 EST

On Saturday 06 March 2004 08:52, you wrote:
> Roland Dreier schrieb:
> > Bjoern> Is there a possibility to find out which device caused
> > Bjoern> this error? It's the first time that it has been
> > Bjoern> arisen... The kernels version is v2.6.3, do you need more
> > Bjoern> "input"?
> >
> > This is caused by the closed source nvidia driver. Only nvidia can
> > debug this problem.
> >
> > - Roland
>
> Thank you for your answer. Is that a known bug? If not then i'll
> send a bug report to nvidia.

Generally, it's a good idea to search the LKML archives (via
marc.theaimsgroup.com or google group search) for your problem before
posting, to see if it has already been reported.

For future reference, oopsen containing the _nvXX symbols are NVIDIA driver
specific problems and should not be reported to this list.

This problem is well known and is trivially fixed, I am confident NVIDIA are
already aware of it and it will be repaired in the next revision of the
driver.

--
Cheers,
Alistair.