Re: [2.6.x] USB Zip drive kills ps2 mouse.

From: Jamie Lokier
Date: Fri Mar 05 2004 - 15:50:35 EST

> I've narrowed it down to the uhci_hcd module -- all the rest can
> be compiled in or as modules, doesn't matter.
>
> Just in case I was vague: the Zip drive works great regardless --
> it's only the ps2 mouse which is affected by this weird problem.
> No cursor movement at all if the Zip is plugged in during boot.

I don't know if it's related, but whenever I load the uhci_hcd module
on my laptop, or whenever I plug in a USB device while that module is
loaded (sorry, I forget which and can't test it now) - the floppy disk
motor and light are turned on for a couple of seconds!

Now, why would a USB event trigger the floppy disk motor? It doesn't
happen with 2.4, and it doesn't happen on my desktop machine which is
OHCI+EHCI.

Perhaps the uhci_hcd driver is trampling on some ISA I/O port that it
shouldn't be, which is causing both my floppy motor oddity and your
mouse problem?

-- Jamie