Re: Code freeze on lite patches and schedule for submission into mainline kernel

From: Amit S. Kale
Date: Wed Mar 03 2004 - 06:18:56 EST

On Wednesday 03 Mar 2004 4:31 pm, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > We have two sets of kgdb patches as of now: [core-lite, i386-lite, 8250]
> > and [core, i386, ppc, x86_64, eth]. First set of kgdb patches (lite) is
> > fairly clean. Let's consider it to be a candicate for submission to
> > mainline kernel.
>
> There may be better way to get kgdb into mainline.
>
> AFAICS, mainline already contains kgdb/ppc. Submiting "core-lite,
> ppc-lite, 8250" would then be simply much needed cleanup. We can push
> i386 few days after that.

ppc.patch removes arch/ppc/kernel/ppc-stub.c and adds a new file kgdb.c I
think that has a greater rejection chance.

Let's not change the direction now. Some time ago there was another view that
x86_64 would be easier. We have already had sufficient headache because of
split -lite -heavy patches. Let's try to finish that asap.

-Amit