Re: udp packet loss even with large socket buffer

From: Charlie (Zhanglei) Wang
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 21:13:44 EST

hi,

Thanks for your reply. If you want to exactly reproduce my problem, please
use the following
commands to download my codes from cvs:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot/gaim-vv login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot/gaim-vv co
linphone

Simply hit enter when prompted for passwd.
(1) Please download and install libosip before compiling.
(2) Before ./configure, please run command 'rm -Rf ffmpeg; ln -s
ffmpeg-0.4.8 ffmpeg'.
(3) After 'make' and 'make install', use 'linphonec' to run the program.
(4) Under linphonec, use the following commands to communicate with windows
messenger:
r www-db.research.bell-labs.com
c <sip:username_of_windows_messenger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

www-db.research.bell-labs.com is a public sip server.

Under Windows Messenger (which runs only under WinXP), use SIP login
method. Sign-in name should be
username_of_windows_messenger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please note that Windows Messenger is different from MSN Messenger.

I know it's kind of complicated... :( Thank you in advance!
PS: My Linux box and Windows XP box run in the same LAN.

Johnny