Re: MM VM patches was: 2.6.3-mm4

From: Mike Fedyk
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 04:49:07 EST

Nick Piggin wrote:

Mike Fedyk wrote:
So, I'll merge up 2.6.3 + "vm of rc1-mm1" and tell you guys what I see.

I'm not so hopeful for you anymore :P

These patches apply with only a few offsets if you apply them like in the series file, so there's not much work for either of us in applying these patches (unless I need to test without a dependent patch or something obvious like that...)

Are the graphs helpful at all?

My eyes! The goggles, they do nothing!

Heh.

They have a lot of good info but I'm a bit hard pressed working
out what kernel is running where

Suffice it to say, 2.6.3 is the begining of week9, and 2.6.3-lofft-mm4vm is the end of week9. The graphs weren't meant to keep secondary information like kernel version...

and it's a bit hard working out
all the shades of blue on my crappy little monitor.

Yeah, I see what you mean. The code in the lrrd/munin project controls what colors come in what order, but I can control what order the info is output in...

But if they were easier to read I reckon they'd be useful ;)

I'd like for that to be true especially since I rewrote the memory plugin for munin to graph as much as was exported to userspace from the Linux kernel...

Did I miss anything? ;)