2.4.25, problem with broadcomm nics

From: Ottavio Campana
Date: Sat Feb 28 2004 - 08:47:09 EST

I'm just installing debian woody on a new server DL140.

I'm trying to get 2.4.25 working on it, but I'm having a problem with
its two broadcomm cards. When it boots I cannot see the devices, if I
give lspci I just get the cards starting with 00:* but I don't see the
two networking cards that have got an address starting with 02:* .

I thought it was an apic problem, I tried to boot with noapic an the
server was unusable: the cards don't come up and the keyboard doesn't
work.

Does anyone of you have got an idea?

PS: can you please cc me, for I didn't subscribe the list, please?

--
Non c'è più forza nella normalità, c'è solo monotonia.