Re: how does one disable processor cache on memory allocated withget_free_pages?

From: Ross Tyler
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 18:30:34 EST

Ben,

Thank you for your response - it is very enlightening.
With this information I think I will be able to make a case not to worry about the processor cache.
If I win the argument, it will make my life much easier and my code much cleaner.
Thank you.

Regarding my usage of __pa() ...
My hope was that by allocating memory early enough in the boot process, I could guarantee that the same physical memory is allocated on every boot.
My experiments have shown that this is the case.
I just use __pa to report this result.

Thanks again!