Re: 2.6.3-mm4

From: Mike Fedyk
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 13:21:39 EST

Jean Delvare wrote:
Quoting Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx>:

Anyway, I think all you need to do is get the cvs tree of the
lmsensors package. Sensors people, the needed changes are commited
into the tree, right?

No. The changes are waiting in my local repository, ready to be applied.
I didn't want to apply them because we were supposed to release
lm_sensors 2.8.5 (for Linux 2.6.3 users) and the sysfs names change
wouldn't belong there.

The libsensors patches are available on my personal server here:
http://jdelvare.net1.nerim.net/sensors/
Apply both patches in order and you'll get a 2.6.3-mm4-compliant
library.

I will apply the libsensors changes to the CVS repository as soon as the
kernel modules changes are accepted into Linus' tree. If we did not
release a new version since there, I'll take a CVS snapshot right
before so that Linux 2.6.3 users have a usable version available (but
my preference strongly goes to releasing 2.8.5 instead).

You have to be kidding me. Are you saying that with your patches to libsensors it won't support 2.6.3 style sensor sysfs names?