Ibm Serveraid Problem with 2.4.25

From: Jo Christian Buvarp
Date: Thu Feb 26 2004 - 04:13:44 EST

Just upgraded my server with the 2.4.25 kernel and I noticed an error :/
The server is an IBM 345 with a Serveraid 5I controller, when doing an
dmesg i get this error:

attempt to access beyond end of device
08:05: rw=0, want=528036, limit=528034
attempt to access beyond end of device
08:09: rw=0, want=65208120, limit=65208118

This error only shows up in 2.4.25, when rebooting to 2.4.24 everything
looks fine :)
I tried upgrading the serveraid bios to the newest version (6.11.07),
but i still got the error.

So is this an bug in the kernel? Or do I have a problem on my server ?
Is it safe to run 2.4.25 with this error ? Or should i go back to 2.4.24

Med vennlig hilsen/Yours sincerely
Jo Christian Buvarp
Teknisk Leder
Svorka Aksess AS

Notice:
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If this e-mail is received by others than the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.