Re: Linux 2.2.26 aka "2.2 is not dead" released

From: pack-lk
Date: Thu Feb 26 2004 - 03:25:55 EST

Marc-Christian Peterson writes:
> so here we go, 2.2.26 final. I am very proud to announce this because it fixes
> several of security bugs including the last mremap() bug, the longer known
> hashing exploit possibility in the network stack and /dev/rtc leakage.
>
> I encourage all 2.2 kernel users to update.
>
> Please send me all fixes/patches/etc. I've forgotton for 2.2.27-pre/rc
> inclusion.

Great work, the people who have systems they'd prefer not to update every
other week thank you.

Marc, I was wondering whether you had any comment on the refusal of the
debian security folks (Who I recently, and amusingly, heard described
as crack-smoking monkeys) to consider releasing an updated or patched
kernel for the latest mremap() bug which they do not believe 2.2 is
vulnerable to.

thanks,

--
Packrat (BSc/BE;COSO;Wombat Implementor)
Nihil illegitemi carborvndvm.