Re: another hard disk broken or xfs problems?

From: Nathan Scott
Date: Wed Feb 25 2004 - 22:33:55 EST

hi there,

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 12:49:44AM +0100, Nico Schottelius wrote:
> Nathan Scott [Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 09:34:28AM +1100]:
> > [...]
> > So, doesn't look like a hard disk error to me, and nor does it
> > look like an XFS problem. You should be able to run xfs_repair
> > on your loopback file to fix the problem.
>
> Will reboot in half an hour, but I think as the recovery was done, it
> won't have any problems anymore.

Well, recovery is a garbage-in, garbage-out process - I
think you will need to repair that loopback file.

> There are still some questions open for me:
>
> 1. why is it an internal xfs error?

Your loopback file seems to have got corrupted, XFS reports
this as an internal error (generic error message).

> 2. why does it print a call trace?

XFS detected corruption, and tried to dump out some state info
at the point where it noticed the problem.

> 3. how can I find out what's wrong / what should I do when seeing call
> traces? And what should I've done before (adding debugging somewhere?)

xfs_repair will tell you whats wrong, and should fix it.

cheers.

--
Nathan