Re: 2.6.3 Boot Failure on Nforce2 Board

From: Ross Dickson
Date: Wed Feb 25 2004 - 19:48:59 EST

Hi Michael,

On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 10:17, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Michael Joy wrote:
> > Hello,
> > We're having an interesting problem with the latest kernel release. On
> > an Albatron KM18G, latest bios, 1024MB system with athlon xp proc, 2.6.3
> > refuses to boot. It hangs on initializing the ide devices.

I use same Albatron KM18G Pro boards in imaging systems.

Back in early December had same lockup problems.

I also thought it was in ide driver at first but found it to be
associated with the change from 100Hz to 1000Hz timer ticks.

My latest patches for it for 2.6.3 are here.

They are probably not so experimental any more as others have had
good success with them.

Many users involved to get it this far working OK.
Plenty of earlier postings on topic in December and January.

One day NVIDIA and AMD might divulge actual cause but I am still
waiting.

At least AMD communicated with me. I have not even received
a comment from NVIDIA.

Regards
Ross.