Re: Split kgdb into "lite" and "normal" parts

From: Tom Rini
Date: Wed Feb 25 2004 - 16:07:07 EST

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 08:58:23AM -0700, Tom Rini wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 12:49:28PM +0530, Amit S. Kale wrote:
> > On Wednesday 25 Feb 2004 5:08 am, Tom Rini wrote:
[snip]
> > > - Issues w/ handling 'D' and 'k' packets cleaner (and I think there was
> > > a correctness fix in there, too, but it was a while ago).
> >
> > Is this wrt kgdb_killed.., kgdb_might..., remove breakpoints?
>
> This will be part of the patch I hope to post today:
> http://ppc.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.6-kgdb/patch@xxxxxxxxxxx?nav=index.html|ChangeSet@-4w|cset@xxxxxxxxxxx

After looking at what's in your stub now, and at the gdb source code,
I've filed a gdb bug (remote/1571) as the protocol docs and code don't
agree on what's expected from a detach. The docs say that gdb doesn't
look for a reply (so we wouldn't/shouldn't make one) but the code does,
and will print out an error code, if one happens. So I'm going to leave
this bit of code alone for now.

--
Tom Rini
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/