Re: PRD_ENTRIES is 256

From: William Lee Irwin III
Date: Wed Feb 25 2004 - 08:19:50 EST

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 02:11:13PM +0100, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
> Ok, thanks. However I cannot find 256 entries limit in any ATA document
> and from looking at the code 512 entries shouldn't be a problem (?).
> --bart

The numbers I'm fishing out of things say that the PRD table can't
exceed 64KB in size as it can't cross a 64KB boundary and its length
is specified as a 16-bit byte count, so some other method of sizing
the thing may be in order. I do recall something went wrong at the
time I ran into this. If I turn up where I thought the number 256 came
from I'll cite it.

-- wli