Re: libata/iswraid DMA Timeout

From: Eric D. Mudama
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 23:05:50 EST

On Mon, Feb 23 at 18:51, jabbera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Sorry never posted to this list so bear with me. I am currently using kernel version 2.4.25 i386 with libata and iswraid. Note: iswraid is for 2.4.22, but it applied to 2.4.25 without issue.

I am not sure which patch this problem is in relation to, but here is the information.

I was using a php script to move a bunch of my files around the file system when my system locks up and I see: ata1: DMA timeout, stat 0x21 ATA: abnormal status 0x59 on port 0xC407

0x59 is the status that the drive sends when it has a block in error
and wants to transmit said block. The LBA in the task file after the
bad block is transferred is the location of the error.

I think that the drive you're copying from had a hard ECC error.
Maybe see if you can try to read all the files on that drive and see
if you can find a bad block.

--
Eric D. Mudama
edmudama@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx