Re: fbdv/fbcon pending problems

From: Johannes Stezenbach
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 10:54:48 EST

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> Here's a list of pending issues with fbdev (either upstream or in the
> fbdev bk treee), I figured posting it here may help getting more people
> on those issues as my time is sparse and I suppose James too.
> Ok, that's all that comes to my mind right now, help is welcome :)

IMHO it is rather discouraging that:

FRAMEBUFFER LAYER
P: James Simmons, Geert Uytterhoeven
M: jsimmons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, geert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
L: linux-fbdev-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
W: http://www.linux-fbdev.org

$ host www.linux-fbdev.org
Nameserver not responding
www.linux-fbdev.org A record not found, try again

http://linux-fbdev.sourceforge.net/ has no halfway up-to-date information about
the state of 2.6 fbdev devlopment. Sure, one can dig through the mailing list
archives, but if a project is looking for developers I would at least expect a
link to
- the current fbdev source tree
- a TODO that lets me see what work is currently been done by others,
and what work could be contributed by me

(This is just a suggestion, I don't have time to work on fbdev myself.)

Johannes