Re: Fw: Client looses NFS handle (kernel 2.6.3)

From: Willy Weisz
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 08:19:02 EST

Dear Trond,

thank you for the fast reply. I chose the first solution (unsetting CONFIG_SECURITY)
as I don't have local security modules anyhow. and our problem disapeared.

Is there any reason to nevertheless install your patch?

Cheers

Willy

Trond Myklebust wrote:

The "Can't bind to reserved port" error message looks like the known
problem when you set CONFIG_SECURITY. It has been discussed several
times already on l-k.

Please either disable CONFIG_SECURITY (it's not as if *that* is going to
be a showstopper when migrating to 2.6.x from 2.4.x) or go to my website
and apply the advertised fix:

http://www.fys.uio.no/~trondmy/src/Linux-2.6.x/2.6.3/linux-2.6.3-08-reconnect.dif

Cheers,
Trond

På lau , 21/02/2004 klokka 21:43, skreiv Andrew Morton:

fyi..

Begin forwarded message: