Re: Badness in pci_find_subsys

From: Robin Rosenberg
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 00:40:42 EST

On Monday 23 February 2004 05.44, vishwas manral wrote:
> Hi Robin/Prakash,
>
> I was checking the pci documentation and it said under the heading Obsolete function
> pci_find_subsys() - Superseded by pci_get_subsys() as the former is not Hot plug safe.
> Could this be related to the problem

You WHAT? Read the documentation! :-) I thought the ones calling the function should do that.

I dunno, I'm not hotplugging anything and it crashes anyway, The functionality is there since
I want to hotplug a camera sometimes. but I'm not always "doing it" during uptimes that have
the crash. Anyway I assume the crux here is PCI hotplug that my machine does not do; you
need special support on the motherboard for that, right?

I found some options to try out, but no conclusive info, at the nvidia linux discussion forum.

-- robin