Re: 2.6.3-mm3

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Sun Feb 22 2004 - 22:05:58 EST

Nick Piggin wrote:

Lowmem pagecache vs highmem pagecache should be balanced correctly?
I think it is with your other patches.

Lowmem pagecache vs slab should be balanced correctly with my patch.

Therefore highmem vs slab will be balanced correctly.

Is that a good proof?

Well no, because you can construct a similar "proof" for your
patch because I assume balancing between zones is a two way
operation :P. Actually, lowmem pressure does not assert highmem
pressure which is the point where your balancing fails.