Re: Non-GPL export of invalidate_mmap_range

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Sun Feb 22 2004 - 19:11:25 EST

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 14:17:51 +1100, Anton Blanchard <anton@xxxxxxxxx> said:

> > You've probably not seen the AIX VM architecture. Good for you as it's
> > not good for your stomache. I did when I still was SCAldera and although
> > my NDAs don't allow me to go into details I can tell you that the AIX
> > VM architecture is deeply tied into the segment architecture of the Power
> > CPU and signicicantly different from any other UNIX variant.
>
> Interesting, what version of AIX did you get access to? And how can you
> be sure thats still the case?

You don't need access to AIX source. Reading the IBM Redbook on writing a
device driver for AIX is sufficient proof. Or even reading up on how to get
more heap space than the usual number of segment registers using the 'ld'
command (yes, it's userspace visible).

And Christoph isn't pulling your leg - it's pretty bizzare...