Re: 2.6 build oddity...

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Sun Feb 22 2004 - 15:04:11 EST

On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 12:19:59AM -0800, Matthew Dharm wrote:
> I'm not sure where to report this....
>
> In some sort of freak accident, I had a .s file in my source tree.
> Whenever I did a build (make bzImage modules), the build process would:
> (1) check out the corresponding .c file
> (2) build the .s into the .o
> (3) delete the .c file

I have tried to reproduce this locally (with 2.6 kernel btw).
make
make kernel/pid.s
rm kernel/pid.c

And as you tell, the .c file is checked out. But I can here that
also the .c file is used when compiling pid.o.

Care to provide a few more details, such as:

- Kernel version
- What file is was
- What SCM you are using (uses bk here)
- Full log of what is happening (off-list is fine)

Sam