Re: SiS 746FX AGP 3.0 problem

From: Hemmann, Volker Armin
Date: Sun Feb 22 2004 - 13:54:18 EST

Hi,

On Sunday 22 February 2004 19:22, Oliver Schoett wrote:

> Instead of patching the patch, it is perhaps easier for a first test
> to just use the forced timeout shown in the patch below (apply to a
> clean kernel with patch option -p1; patches fine into 2.6.3). That
> already solved the problems on my machine and showed that my SiS 648
> had the timing problem.

ok, I tried the patch, you sent, and think what happened?
Everything is working fine now, tested two times, since once in a while
testgart/C worked at the first attempt...
So, it seems you are right, that the 746FX has the same problem like the
648...

Thanks for your help!
Now I can boot directly into X again (juhu!).

Glück Auf
Volker
--
Conclusions
In a straight-up fight, the Empire squashes the Federation like a bug. Even