Re: Multiple NIC cards in the same machine and 2.5/2.6

From: NoTellin
Date: Sat Feb 21 2004 - 18:25:51 EST

On Saturday 21 February 2004 10:33, Sergey Vlasov wrote:
> There is no need to load two copies of the ne module.  Just
> use:
>
> alias eth0 ne
> alias eth1 ne
> options ne io=0x300,0x200 irq=3,5

Ah-HAH. This must be one of those fundamental differences between
2.4 and 2.6. At the risk of sounding utterly incompetent, could
you enlighten me as to what I should have been looking for in
terms of seach terms. I like to think I'm a decent googler and I
generally RTFM, but I was totally unable to help myself this
time.

I was aware that the driver layer is completely different between
the 2.4 and 2.6 series, but I have difficulty in finding out what
that means from a practical standpoint. Hence the questions.

Thank you very much for your answer BTW. I play with it later this
weekend.

Guy

--
Free Speech is better than Free Beer