Re: [RFC 2.6] sensor chips sysfs interface change (long)

From: Jean Delvare
Date: Sat Feb 21 2004 - 10:02:28 EST

> I would like to further suggest the renaming of 'sensor<n>' to
> 'temp<n>_sensor' or 'temp<n>_type', in the interest of being
> consistent.

Correct. I was precisely thinking of something similar :) For the sake
of completeness, here is the list of renames that I plan to do:

sensor<n> -> temp<n>_type
pwm<n> -> fan<n>_pwm
pwm<n>_enable -> fan<n>_pwm_enable
vid -> in<n>_ref

I think that this should define a self-explanatory and easily extendable
interface. There are a few "technical" terms remaining (in, pwm, vrm),
but since these are the words used in the sensors domain, I feel like we
better keep them as they are.

Thanks a lot for your constructive comment, I appreciate that.

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/