Re: PCI-Scan Hangup ...

From: Kianusch Sayah Karadji
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 03:25:39 EST

Hi!

> > There I have a Soekris bord with some weird PCI Handup while booting
> > Linux during PCI-Scan .
>
> Can you try to determine what is hanging in a non-modified 2.6.3 kernel?

The very last thing I see when booting ist:

PCI: Probing PCI hardware (bus 0)

That's it. But it seems to be a BIOS Proble - I just found out that the
Soekris-Home-Page states:

[...]

The SC1100 has a bug where certain PCI config cycle conbinations can
cause the processor to lock up. comBIOS version 1.21 or newer reprogram
the chipset to fix the problem.

[...]

I'll try to upgrade my comBIOS this afternoon, and let you know if 2.6.x
boot's fine or not.

Regards
Kianusch