Deadlocks and Machine Check Exception on Athlon64

From: Ronny V. Vindenes
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 17:35:06 EST

My machine has been locking up [1] every now and then the last couple of
weeks and yesterday it locked during boot and I managed to copy this
message:

CPU 0: Machine Check Exception : 0000000000000004
Bank 4: b200000000070f0f
kernel panic: CPU context corrupt
In interrupt handler - not syncing

I tried to decode it with davej's parsemce, but it didn't produce any
usable output.

The machine is an MSI K8T Neo-FIS2R (flashed with 1.2 bios), with
Athlon64 3200+ and 2x512MB PC3200 DDR RAM, running 32bit 2.6.3-rc3-mm1
kernel. Any suggestions on what could be wrong?

[1] The lock-ups mostly happen during browsing with epiphany, I compile
a lot of big projects almost every day so it appears that cpu load or
memory use has no influence on the lock-ups.

--
Ronny V. Vindenes <s864@xxxxxxxxx>