Re: 2.6.3-mm1

From: Christophe Saout
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 17:05:31 EST

Am Do, den 19.02.2004 schrieb Bill Davidsen um 22:58:

> Could you give an example of the one line I put in /etc/fstab to replace
> the one now which includes "noauto,user" so users can mount when they
> need the secure data?
>
> You *can* do that so you don't need to train users, give them special
> permissions, or use privileged scripts or programs, right?

That's not possible at the moment. What you want to do relies on the
feature that the mount command itself does the required setup. The would
require to have some dedicated C code fot the device setup and make
mount use that (through a patch). mount currently only knows about the
loop device. And BTW the key management sucks if you use an unpatched
mount because it uses the unhashed passphrase unhashed key.