Problems booting with Kernel 2.6.2: filesystem is mounted read-only

From: Cedric Laczny
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 12:57:19 EST

Hello!

I'm totally new in compiling a kernel, but apperantly (all make commands
went trough without complaining:) ) I made it to compile my own kernel
2.6.2 on Fedora Core1.
It even does boot, using grub, but after searching or intialising the
main hardware, it doesn't get write permission. It's copmplaining that
the filesystem is read-only...
I erased the "ro" option from grub.conf, but nothing changed. Givin it
the "rw" option brings e2fsck to complain but doesn't boot up completly
either.
Unfortunately I can't get a log of the failures, because it hangs during
initialising the "Systemlogger". Before that, it starts kudzu, tries to
acces some ksyms files in /var, initializes the eth0 interface and can't
initialize the ppp0 interface.

Booting my 2.4.22 unchanged Fedora Core1 kernel works totally fine.

Anyone an idea, what to do, or what I've could have done wrong during
compiling?

Best regards,

Cedric Laczny