Re: ext3 on raid5 failure

From: Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete Dutra
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 09:00:40 EST

Em Qui, 2004-02-19 Ãs 05:07, Jan Dittmer escreveu:

> > Has this been resolved? I have a machine due to enter production, am
> > considering going back to 2.4 if there is no further information.
>
> I haven't tried it with 2.6 since this incident. But considering that
> the machine in question crashed a couple of times afterwards, it may
> well be, that a hardware fault caused this initially.

I don't believe so, because I have already run both memtest86 (all
tests, a dozen passes) and cpuburn (burnP6, several hours). I am now
trying to figure out how to run fsx-linux, documentation seems scarce.

> But I simply don't
> dare to put 2.6 again on this machine as I've no real backup of most of
> the data, and restoring some 100 gb from cds is really annoying.

That's the position I think I will have to face. A pity, I was already
hooked into 2.6's speed and LVM2.

--
Leandro GuimarÃes Faria Corcete Dutra
MaringÃ, PR, BRASIL +55 (11) 5685 2219