2.6.3-mm1 strangeness

From: Sid Boyce
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 01:28:40 EST

Some hours after bringing up the new kernel on SuSE 9.0/Athlon XP2200+, any commands typed in on a kde terminal window got no response, e.g ls <ENTER> just spaced one line and that was it, I could get back to the prompt with CTRL-C, the mouse worked and everything else seemed fine. I was able to do a reboot into 2.6.3-rc3-mm1 where everything is normal.
I shall boot up the new kernel this evening and see if the problem can be repeated as well as trying to gather some information, like ALT-F2 and enter a command, posting new mail, etc.
Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen - at first glance it seemed a commandline/terminal problem.
Regards
Sid.

--
Sid Boyce .... Hamradio G3VBV and keen Flyer
Linux Only Shop.