2.6.3 NFS kernel warning

From: Nick Warne
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 15:46:45 EST

Hello all,

I am not registered with the list, so please CC if possible - thanks.

I am not sure if this is a problem to report (as opposed to my old
system's problem), but I get this now in dmesg after building 2.6.3
tonight:

nfs_read_super: get root inode failed

This is 2.6.3 mounting a NFS from an old 486 box running Linux 2.2.13
- and the NFS processes of the same age.

The mount still works OK though; logs from the 486 report no
warnings/errors apart from the version 3 is unknown.

But I am intrigued why it gives this warning (and the inode.c code
seems to imply it is a fatal error, AFAIK) if it still works?

Thanks, and regards,

Nick

--
"I am not Spock", said Leonard Nimoy.
"And it is highly illogical of humans to assume so."