Re: the crux with DMA

From: martin f krafft
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 14:07:36 EST

also sprach Hans Reiser <reiser@xxxxxxxxxxx> [2004.02.18.1949 +0100]:
> both ext3 and reiserfs are higher performance than XFS for typical file
> sizes. XFS does very well for streaming video though (as does reiser4).

How about large files (e.g. > 2Gb).

Do you have specs on your above statement? Not that I doubt
reiserfs, but I have been generally unhappy with its performance,
especially when huge files are involved. And I have suffered severe
corruption from a single bad block. A lot of people have suggested
using XFS. I am not a guru, so these statements are far from
educated.

--
martin; (greetings from the heart of the sun.)

invalid/expired pgp subkeys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!

consciousness: that annoying time between naps.