Laptop problems with 2.4 & 2.6 (HP Omnibook 4150)

From: Flexy
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 11:32:04 EST

On 2.4.23 kernel, keventd is not using much CPU time, but on 2.4.25-pre8
keventd is taking upto same amount as X. The difference is atleast a
decade or two. The configurations of these kernels are the same.

On 2.6.3 kernel, events/0 is taking CPU time, much like keventd in
2.4.25-pre8.

I'm using vanilla kernels from kernel.org on HP Omnibook 4150, PIII 500,
with BX chipset. 256MB memory, 3c589_cs.

I'm happy to provide any additional information and do some testing,
if needed. Remember to put me on cc-list, I'm not subscribed.

TIA,

Flexy