Re: 2.6.3-mm1

From: Jonathan Brown
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 06:19:21 EST

When I try to startx with this kernel I get this error:

(EE) RADEON(0): shmat() call retruned errno 1013

No problem with similar .config on 2.6.3. Can post .config if necessary.

Jonathan Brown
http://emergence.uk.net/

Andrew Morton wrote:
ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.3/2.6.3-mm1/

- Added the dm-crypt driver: a crypto layer for device-mapper.

People need to test and use this please. There is documentation at
http://www.saout.de/misc/dm-crypt/.

We should get this tested and merged up. We can then remove the nasty
bio remapping code from the loop driver. This will remove the current
ordering guarantees which the loop driver provides for journalled
filesystems. ie: ext3 on cryptoloop will no longer be crash-proof.

After that we should remove cryptoloop altogether.

It's a bit late but cyptoloop hasn't been there for long anyway and it
doesn't even work right with highmem systems (that part is fixed in -mm).

- Added the fbdev cursor API patch. Not sure what this does apart from
preventing the rivafb driver from linking. I'll let others decide if this
is progress.

- There's a patch here to consolidate the 32->64 compat code for the IPC
syscalls. Needs testing on various 64-bit machines.

- Various random fixes to things.