Re: Radeonfb problem

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 06:07:08 EST

> if I use fbset like this:
>
> fbset -fb /dev/fb0 -a -depth 32 1024x768-100
>
> my CRT monitor MAG 786FD looks like ths:
>
> |------------|
> | | |
> | a | |
> | | |
> |-----| |
> | b |
> | |
> |------------|
>
> Where "a" is the visual screan after using fbset and "b" is my monitor.

Ok, I see what you mean. This is not a radeonfb problem at this point.

The problem is in the fbcon layer in 2.6 which doesn't adapt to
resolution changes. I have done some work to fix this but it's
not completely right yet. I'll submit something to Andrew & Linus
once I'm happy with it.

The append= you need is radeonfb=, not radeon=

I don't think the cursor issue is related at all. And I don't know
what's up with the firegl binary drivers.

Ben.