Re: Linux 2.6.3-rc4

From: Roman Zippel
Date: Tue Feb 17 2004 - 20:31:20 EST

Hi,

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Adrian Bunk wrote:

> > Basically, if you compile radeonfb as a module, and say "Y" to RADEON_I2C,
> > then that should _not_ force I2C to be built-in to the kernel, but that
> > is in fact exactly what this would force.
>
> I don't claim to fully understand the 2.6 Kconfig language, but
> according to my testings my patch does exactly what you describe.

It does that more by accident. I actually consider it an error that the
dependency of boolean symbol modifies how it does the selection (note that
the dependencies can be more than is immediately visible, e.g. from an
'if' or a 'menu' block), so I prefer if one want to limit the selection of
a boolean symbol to make this explicit (via an 'if' condition after the
selection).

bye, Roman